Clicker heroes 2. An idle based RPG game. At the time of this post, The game and/or beta is not out yet… But, I want to share my thoughts on the preview for the game.
So, as you know, Clicker Heroes is a free to play the idle game, which can be found on their site or steam. Clicker Heroes 2 breaks the free to play mold and is aiming to be a full game, and I must say that I am all for this. Clicker Heroes 2 looks to be a game with promise and I want to support it.
Pre-order Clicker Heroes 2
What does Clicker Heroes 2 do?
For starters, You can play as Cid, it does away with the standard clicker heroes system where you level up by upgrading Cid and heroes. In clicker Heroes 2, you earn EXP by killing monsters which will level you rather than leveling up an army of heroes to do more damage. I am glad that Clicker Heroes 2 is going the RPG level-up path here. It will make the game feel new and different.
- You can buy gear to make your character stronger. New weapons, boots, rings, and so on. From the looks of things, Any new gear you buy, it doesn’t show up on your character, sadly. This may change in the future, I hope.
- A new system in place is the “energy” system which is used to limit how much you can click but it can be used for skills if you don’t want to click. There is one skill that uses Mana to restore “energy,” I think this will be neat to manage Energy and mana.
- Clicker Heroes 2 seems to have done away with boss timers, which were ok in Clicker Heroes but I feel with the way Clicker Heroes 2 is going, getting rid of boss timers is a good move on their part. Boss timers are a bit of a thing of the past.
- Zones seem to end when you beat the zone 100 boss in that world, which gives you an option to ascend/replay a world, you have beaten to farm exp, which is a good Idea I like, rather than being an endless run through with no end in sight. You have an idea that you are close to beating the world.
- Skills have a better effect on the game. You now have a skill tree to play around with. I have no idea how the skill tree will work during the beta /or during the release of the game. But it looks great. :D
- No more still backgrounds or sitting in one area as the scene changes after 10 zones get cleared. This was something I disliked in Clicker Heroes. In Clicker Heroes 2, you are moving, you can see the progress that you are making as you clear the path ahead and you can even see the monsters you will face is so GREAT. I love this touch for the game.
The game is going to improve on what the first game did and make it so much better and I’m hyped.
A few things that I wonder is… Can clicker Heroes 1 saves be used in Clicker Heroes 2 or no? And what will the rubies be used for? Again, this is in the works and it may change.
But as someone who has 1k + hours in Clicker Heroes 1 and Pre-ordering the second game… I’m ready.