Hey, I’m back with more questions about WordPress, and I hope they can answer, or I can at least get some insight into my WordPress questions. :3 Last time I had questions about WordPress plans, which I got an answer, which I am thankful for, but I have more questions that are related to tags and categories on WordPress.
I will start with my first question since I have three questions to ask. I am hoping I can get some answers or insight into my WordPress questions. It has been something I have been wondering about for a while.
1. How many tags and categories can you have in total?
I know a few years ago or a decade ago that this rule has changed over time? I know it was no more than 15 tags and categories in total. I know posts would disappear in the tag search and WordPress reader search?
The main point. But I have also seen that the new guideline for categories and tags got lowered to 12 or less.
So what I want to know is, how many blog tags and categories can I use per post? I have seen some self-hosted sites on WordPress have posts that use 15 tags and categories in total, but I guess if you self-host, you are free from this rule. I even saw a few blog posts that had more than Ten tags, but they still show up in search.
Here are the main points of my question 1:
1) do posts become hidden in WordPress reader (Tag search and WordPress reader search) when you go over the tag and categories limit or no?
2) Is there a new limit on how many blog tags and categories should use per post? Or Is it still 15 in total or less than that? Or is it less than 12 in total? I need to know since I’m in the dark here.
3) How many categories should I use per post? And how many tags should I use per post?
2. Do WordPress tags and categories get index on search engines outside of WordPress’s search engines like google and such?
For question 2: 1) Let’s say my posts become hidden because I have too many posts or I have too many tags and categories. Would my posts categories and tags still get index anyway? Even though my posts have disappeared from WordPress search and tag search.
3. While this is not related to tags and categories, the question is: can old posts become hidden in WordPress reader search and tag search if you have too many posts?
1.) At the time of this post, I have 259 blog posts. When this post goes live, I will have 260 blog posts. I want to know is, will older posts become hidden in WordPress readers after you have more than 100?
That’s all the questions I wanted to ask. Like always, if any WordPress users can answer these questions, that would be wonderful. That’s all I wanted to write. :3