To be a livestreamer in 2019 is rather a easy task. All you need is a good pc and /or laptop and streaming software, and you are good to go. Now, if you are trying to be a “big streamer” in 2019. You won’t have a easy time.
Let’s talk about somethings. To make it big, You need to stream often, but with so many streamers showing up each day. What do you do that makes “You” special? Simply streaming is not going to cut it anymore.
I want to address some things that seems to be forgotten.
Things to not do.
- Never always expect viewers or friends to show up when you stream.
This is one of the most toxic mindsets to have. Because, if no one shows up, no one being those you expect to show up but don’t show up. Don’t lashout at them or give them shit. I get it. Being a streamer is hard but giving other shit because don’t show up will never excuse your shitty attitude towards them.
“But my friends show up” If some of your friends show up, they have free time which leads into point 2..
2. Don’t treat your viewers or friends different or like shit if they don’t show up.
The worst thing you can do is be a asshole but to get a attitude with someone or start treating people or friends different because they don’t watch you stream 100% of the time is pretty toxic.
Yes, being a streamer in 2019 is hard. And having returning viewers for your streams is also hard. And streaming almost non stop is tough. But no matter how hard, tough, or unfair the road to be a streamer is. When you start treating those like shit or differently. Your actions CAN NOT be justify by any means. lashing out at people who have done you no wrong or even supported you is messed up.
But here is why some may not show up.
3. Reasons people may not show up
- They are busy and have a life
- They are busy and may want to use what little free time to watch their favorite streamer
- You are playing a game that they will want to play with the game being ruined for them
- They are doing their own stream
- They are working on something
- You are one of many streamers, and maybe they want something new
Some streamers “BELIEVE” that everyone has free time and nothing better to do but come watch them, which is, not the case here.