Time to go over Sonic Adventure SX for SAGE2018. I know I am late to the party, but I want to share my thoughts, since I did review this game before, but under a different name “Sonic and Shantae Adventure (SAGE 2017) Demo”
So, in this demo I will list the new stuff.
- Time attack or Trial mode
- Mini game mode
Story mode, Battle mode are not in this demo.
Made by Giga
When opening the game, you will be met with a new title screen and and save / load screen which is fancy.
From what I have played, It has got a huge overhaul and I will be talking about what I like in this demo and dislike as well.
- Able to play as 8 characters (Not counting Super, hyper, and dark form)
- Each Character feels different, and not a sonic clone
- Level layout is much better than the last build
- 4 stages total to play in. 2 for each side. 2 for Sonic, and 2 for Shantae
- Pretty good Music
- Fun to play.
- Issues I had with the last version has been fixed
- Mini games are a fun time killer for a bit
- The camera for any sonic Character always jerks around when you are going at max speed when going in loops
- Playing as Shantae or RottyTops. When hit or takes damage on ground or in air, the player freezes up in place and can’t move for a bit. This can be a issue when you are over pits or other hazards. This can lead to unfair deaths
- Spindash is not strong enough, unless you also move in the spindash state
- Rottytops can clip through walls when ducking on the left side of them
- RottyTops can zip along the wall
- Shantae’s dash backwards allows her to clip in walls to skip areas
- When getting hit in the air or ground, you’re stunned and this can lead to cheap deaths
Sometimes risky’s scimitar doesn’t hurt enemies and you take a free hit
Tails feels heavy when he is flying
Collision needs some more work
It is far better then the last year’s build. It has love put into this fan game and I would love to see this completed. It needs more work but Giga6152, you did well here and it will get better overtime
I had fun playing this. It no longer as rough as the last version. There is a amazing game here, and with a bit more fine tuning I think this would be a fun crossover game.
Keep up the good work, Giga6152. I’m proud of what I see here. :3